Response to COVID-19
Our hearts go out to all who have been affected by COVID-19. We continue to monitor and evaluate government and medical recommendations in order to do what is best for the people we are proud to serve. Sertoma will make adjustments to our programs and services during this rapidly evolving and challenging event. At this time these are our current measures that we have put in place:
- We will maintain our traditional hours of operation and will include day services.
- We have increased cleaning measures and changed protocols for the center and in our residences to include the use of industrial strength cleaners. We continue to educate staff and people supported to consistently adhere to hand hygiene protocols. These practices and protocols have been turned into posters and are in common and high traffic areas.
- As recommended by the CDC we are practicing social distancing and screening those who come to our day center, live in residential facilities, and receive in-home services.
- We will continue to provide services to all our people we support across all programs, including Day Services. Due to the continually changing conditions this will be evaluated daily by our leadership team and we will make decisions in the best interests for the people we support.
- Community activities are being evaluated and will only be part of the program if deemed safe by our clinical and recreational therapy staff. Sertoma will evaluate the risk to all people served and staff to mitigate any chance of an adverse event.
Please continue to watch our website and social media channels for updated information.
This is an unprecedented time and we thank you for your support as we go through this pandemic event.
Sertoma – CEO